Women and Minority Owned Business EnterpriseCertification Consulting
With supplier diversity as a goal for many large corporations and government entities at the local, state, and national level, certification is an important tool to access supplier contracts for business growth.More specifically, government agencies and corporations have percentage spending targets for diverse suppliers. For example:Federal Government:
- 5% small disadvantaged owned businesses (prime and subcontractor)
- 5% women owned businesses
State of Illinois:
- 5% male minority-owned small business
- 3% female minority-owned small businesses
- 9% female-owned small business
- 2% persons with disabilities-owned small business
- 25% minority-owned small business
- 10% women-owned small business
City of Chicago
- 24% minority-owned small business
- 4% female-owned small business
General Eligibility (Typically)
- 51% owned and controlled by one or more members of minority groups (managing daily operations).
- 51% of dividends to minority owner paid upon liquidation.
- Minority or Woman principal is genuinely involved in operations (no front companies).